Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An Elmo Cake

Here is an Elmo cake I recently did for a little girl turning 2 who absolutely loved Elmo.





I made a 12" bottom and 8" top.  The head is made from 2 half circle cakes using my Betty Crocker Bake N Fill dome pan.  Arms, hands, feet and present are made w/rice crispy treats.  The cake is covered in a mixture of candy clay and fondant.  My house is very dry, so it did dry out and crack. The only all-fondant is the white eyeballs and the rest is made with candy clay.  I used the Wilton sugar sheets in black for the black in the eyes and the mouth.  I will say that was much easier than tinting fondant and cutting it out.  The stuff doesn't taste worth a darn, but makes it easy to do little things like this.

Thankfully the cake traveled well and made the 1 hour drive to the party.  With my husband's driving and bumps in the road, I was worried!  The only piece I didn't put on until we got there was the present and the #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment