Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Console Table

I had been looking for a console table to put in my bathroom under the TV and could not find anything I liked in the store.  Or if I found something, it wasn't the right color (I wanted it painted) or it was too much for me to spend only to paint over it.  I knew I could build a table rather cheap myself and pain so after searching, I found a plan I liked at Ana White's blog: http://ana-white.com/2009/11/plan-simple-cheap-and-easy-console.html.  (Definitely go to her blog to find some awesome plans for furniture, shelves, etc.)  I did tweak plan a little to add a shelf under the top and on the bottom.  I also made the table a bit taller and shorter than the plan called for.

Here are some of the pics of the table while in progress.  Once it gets done, I'll post the final product. 

All put together.  I used the nail gun and wood glue to assemble it.  Wonderful having the nail gun around!



I decided I didn't like the plain edges on the top, so we went to Lowes and bought a router to router the edges.  Yes, I could have borrowed my dad's, but it's just not as fun having to borrow someone else's!  This was my first attempt at routering and I think I did pretty well!  I didn't want to take the time to do a practice.  It was getting late and the kids were getting tired....



This is the table primed and ready for paint.


I have it all painted now and my last step tonight is to add an antiquing glaze to make a bit darker and age it.  Will post those pics hopefully tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment