Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wedding Invitations!

I offered to do wedding invitations for my mother-in-law.  What I thought was going to be an easy process turned to something not so easy.  I had started out wanting to make something with a pretty design cut into the outside of the invitation (I got a Cricut and wanted to use it!).  I couldn't make anything I really liked, so I turned to the sleeve option and made a couple different ones (sorry, don't have pictures!).  Well, in the end, my m-i-l ended up seeing one of my "test" invites and really liked it.  I thought "no problem, I can do this easy".....Yes, well, after much frustration and headache, I got them done and here's what the finished product looked like.

It ended up being a sleeve invitation in the end.  It was going to be a fold over, but it just wasn't working out.

 I also did a RSVP card, map, and golf outing info cards as well.  I bought all the paper from Paperandmore.com - really great place to order paper from.  Everything was a pearlized metallic so it had a nice shimmer to it.  I even bought the envelopes from there.  Much cheaper than Hobby Lobby.  Actually, HL doesn't carry the pearlized ones!

So now the invitations are out of my hands and are in my m-i-l's to be mailed.  Can't say that I will ever do that again unless I have a week off with no kids to get them done!

No comments:

Post a Comment